You Beauty Discovery Box - September

Sunday 21 September 2014

Labels:



A week or so ago the postman delivered a little treat in the form of You Beauty's discovery box, a beauty box that before a few weeks ago I'd never heard of, and was intrigued to try. Well, I've had a week to play around with the products, so I can now report back to you with my thoughts!

The first thing I noticed when I received the box was how diddy it was! Being used to the rather large Glossybox, I was a little taken aback - how could a good selection of products possibly fit into something so tiny? However after the initial surprise I decided I loved it's dinky little appearance. It gives no false promises of tons of full size products, space is taken up by lovely little treats rather than shredded paper, and who doesn't love something in miniature? The design is simple (to be honest I could do with a little more colour, but ho hum) the box sleek, and when the box is opened it's contents is well thought out. In terms of subscription, cost and delivery, you get the standard beauty box subscription of one a month at the beginning of each month. Cost is ridiculously low at only £6.95 a box including delivery, and I received my box within a few days of my dispatch email. All round a good beauty box subscription.

Now, for the main event, the contents! The first thing I came across was the You Beauty Discovery magazine, a little leaflet with notes from the editor, outlining what to expect in the box, pieces about each of the product, the usual stuff. My eyes were next drawn to the biggest, glammest looking product in the box - Toni & Guy's Glamour Volume Plumping Whip. Designed to provide voluminous locks with no stickiness, I can confirm there is absolutely no stickiness to the product. Lovely and light, it's consistency resembles a face cream, and as promised does deliver volume to the roots (perhaps not a whole day/nights worth, however). Next up were the two products I got to personally choose to be included in my box - Wild About Beauty's Nutrilips in Maddy, and Pixi's Endless Silky Eye Pen in Oyster Glow. Maddy is a sheer, plummy-brown shade which applies smoothly onto the lips feeling moisturising, however a little tingly, which is odd. Oyster Glow is, as the name suggests, a gorgeous champagney nude which instantly brightens the eyes and, once applied, refuses to budge! Finally came what I consider a few 'bonus' items. Two teabag sachets from Crabtree & Evelyn, which couldn't have come at a better time as I'm starting to experiment with the teas I drink; a You Beauty makeup sponge, which I have yet to try, but will report back on; and finally a £25 voucher for 'Hello Fresh' a company which delivers recipes and ingredients to your door.

Overall I'm really chuffed with the box and the products I received, definitely worth the very reasonable £6.95! I look forward to receiving next month's box...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *